For the past seven years I have been actively involved in building large scale internet applications that run on Amazon EC2 in Go, Node, Ruby, Python, and Java.
Arcadian Group [2016 - 2017]
Graphql and Graph Database Systems
- Initiating projects to explore Dgraph
- Using an extension to graphql to make the query language richer with extra features
- Blockchain based development related to numerous applications including
- Noms The Versioned, Forkable, Syncable Database
- Core P2P application development using Golang based systems including
- Btcsuite, Decred, Ethereum
- Vault12.io systems development including Zax and Glow related to:
- Asynchronous Mobile P2P Relay
Spinnakr [2012 - 2015]
Big Data Analytics
- Software architecture which handles 1,000,000+ events per day
- REST Api that serves up multiple data feeds across multiple customers
- All of the data is funneled through RabbitMQ
- Redis serves as the backend for the Spinnakr Data Service
- Front end is based on Ruby on Rails, Backbone, and D3 for the graphics.
Arcadian Group [2011 - 2012]
Founder and CEO
- Open source search based on Lucene and Elastic Search
- Large scale web applications based on Angular, Backbone, and D3 for the graphics.
- Search through and visualize vast amounts of data from different data feeds
- Redis serves as the backend cache for all of the data.
Caltech [2008 - 2010]
Bioinformatics Stem Cell Research
- Design and implementation of CRDATA in both Python and Ruby
- Deploy distributed computing web application to Amazon Web Services
- REST protocol with multiple worker machines talking back to a Queue
- Data modeling and visualization in the fields of biological and genetic data
- Historical data sets in the arena of stem cell research
- Fundamental and technical analysis on these principal components.
Justice Systems [2005 - 2007]
Member of Technical Staff
- Design and Implementation of a Large Internet Application
- Web based Accounting System Using Double Ledger Entries
Albuquerque Institute [2003 - 2005]
Founder of the School
- Founded charter school with the Mayor of Albuquerque and an educator.
- Responsible for board selection, hiring teachers, and site selection
- Science and math curriculum
Vitria Technology [1997 - 2002]
- Architecture, design, and implementation of five new Vitria products.
- Managing small teams of software developers
- Sales, marketing, consulting, training in the early days of the company
Sun Microsystems [1996 - 1997]
Java Consulting for Fortune 100 companies
- Original member of Sun’s Java Consulting Group
- Helped grow Sun’s consulting group from 1 to 50 members
- Working for large Fortune 500 companies.
Santa Fe Institute [1989 - 1996]
Researcher in Chaos and Complex Systems
- Time series prediction applied to the equity markets.
- Automated financial trading systems.
- Fractal geometry applied to economic data.
- Neural network design on a 64 node hypercube.
- Natural language and image processing research.
- Caltech Graduate Course Work in Biology
- Nmsu Completed Course Work for PhD. in Computer Science
- Tulane Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
Bioinformatics Cloud Computing and Resource Sharing for R and Bioconductor
MOST FLUENT PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
- Go - Etcd, Nsq, API Server
- Ruby - The current release of Spinnakr is written in Ruby.
- Node - Multiple projects of mine have been written in Node
- Python - The original version of CRdata was written in Python using Django.
- Java - Android plus original member of Sun’s Java Consulting Group in 1996.